Freedom House and MEP Marietje Schaake cordially invite you to a
“Working Breakfast on Internet Freedom”
June 21st from 8.00h – 9.30h in the Members Restaurant of the European Parliament
Freedom House and MEP Marietje Schaake (D66/ALDE) invite you to a working breakfast on Internet Freedom with a delegation of bloggers and human rights defenders from Syria, Tunisia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Azerbaijan, Lithuania and Hungary.
The working breakfast includes briefings on the “No-Disconnect-Strategy” by senior European Commission officials, as well as a briefing on the European Parliament report on A Digital Freedom Strategy in EU Foreign Policy by MEP Marietje Schaake.
Human rights defenders will share their first-hand experience with challenges to internet freedom from their respective countries and discuss effective uses of ICTs in repressive environments.
List of Human Rights Activists participating in this event:
- Mohammed Abdallah,SyrianCenter for Political & Strategic Studies,Syria
- Shahzad Ahmed, Bytes for All,Pakistan
- Sándor Orbán, South East European Network for Professionalization ofMedia,Hungary
- Mohamed Fetah Zabaar, Director Freedom HouseTunisia
- Babatope Soremi, Social Responsibility Managers, Nigeria
- Ali S. Novruzov, Global Voices – Blogger, Azerbaijan
- Ella Asoyan, Director of Freedom HouseLithuania